Many people often complain about fats and do a lot of exercise to keep themselves in shape.
Bad fats in the blood also known as bad cholesterol is a compound that gets deposited on the inner walls of blood vessels and gradually reduces the space in which blood can pass. It causes hardening and stiffing of blood vessels.
The blood vessels loss their elasticity. This can result in increased blood pressure and is the main reason of heart attack. There is also restricted blood flow to heart and other organs.
High cholesterol level has become a common problem. It’s getting hard day by day to treat as many processed and high fat foods are available. People are addicted to these junk foods and they unintentionally welcome cholesterol in their body. It can be called as a lifestyle diseases. Before high cholesterol treatment, you must eliminate some of your habits that are primary factors which causes high cholesterol levels.
It is said that about 25 percent of the cholesterol in our body comes from our diet, and 75 percent is produced inside of our body by the liver. To lower your cholesterol, there are some best ways to lower cholesterol naturally, that should be adhered to. Here are some foods that removes cholesterol from your blood vessels.
1. Foods Rich In Fiber: This is one of the best ways to lower cholesterol naturally. Studies have found that increased consumption of soluble fiber, like the one found in fruits and vegetables (5 to 10 grams a day) can lead to a 5 percent decrease in cholesterol level in blood. To add 5 to 10 grams of fiber in your diet means to just have a fruit or a vegetable a day.
2. Eat Fish: Eating salmon fish, tuna and other sea food is one of the ways to lower cholesterol naturally. Fish, such as salmon and tuna, for example, are rich in omega -3 that actually helps lower cholesterol. Therefore, it is recommended to add fish to your weekly menu twice or three times.
3. Blueberries: Blueberries contain a very powerful antioxidant that can prevent the damage caused by bad cholesterol.
4. Good Fats: Not all fats increase cholesterol. Good fats help to decrease cholesterol level. Foods such as olive oil, avocado, fish, flaxseed, and nuts contain good fats such as omega-3. This fatty acid lower the amount of triglycerides in the blood and reduces cholesterol. Eat these foods at the expense of foods rich in fats that contribute to bad cholesterol (LDL).
5. Have Three Almonds A Day: Almond skin contains compounds that prevent the breakdown of good fats of (LDL), thereby preventing damage to the blood vessels and heart. Good fats help to remove cholesterol from your body. So early morning make it a habit to eat almonds.
6. Avocado: It is also found to increase the good fats and lower the bad cholesterol, especially in people with high cholesterol levels. Good fats act as a scavenger and remove bad fats from the blood vessels.
7. Oatmeal: This is one of the best high cholesterol treatment. Instead of the usual cereal, prefer to start the day with oatmeal or bran. It is common to claim that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. One cup of oatmeal or bran has about 2 grams of soluble fiber and 4 grams of fiber in total. Oatmeal is the best food defense against cholesterol. The reason is that oatmeal contains soluble fiber, which turn into a gel in the body. This helps you to feel full and decreases the absorption of cholesterol in blood.